Tuesday , October 17 2017
Home / News / Trump Muslim ban – State Department suspends travel ban after Judge James Robart ruling

Trump Muslim ban – State Department suspends travel ban after Judge James Robart ruling

ViewsHeadlines Desk,

Washington: The Muslim ban seems to have been scrapped for now across the US following the ruling by a federal judge. Though initially there were apprehensions about it as Presient Trump’s administration had condemned the rulning, but now the Department of Homeland Security said it will stop banning travellers from the countries under the Trump administrations travel ban.

In the last two weeks, following the Muslim ban, around 1,00,000 visas have been revoked by the US administration. While visa ban has been imposed on seven largely Muslim nations, the increased vetting means that people from across the Muslim word and even Muslim sounding names are put under ridiculous amount of vetting.

donald-trump

Giving huge relief to stranded travelers or others who were uncertain of their visa status, or who were denied entry in the country, the order ensured that the ban was lifted, at least temporarily.

In the meantime humanr rights organizations, fighting against the discriminatory ban have asked the stranded travelers or others with valid visa who were denied entry, to rush back to the US.

A statement by State Department said, “We have reversed the provisional revocation of visas…Those individuals with visas that were not physically cancelled may now travel if the visa is otherwise valid.” Earlier, President Donald Trump responded to the judge’s block of his travel ban, tweeting that the decision was”ridiculous” and will be “overturned”.

Read more

Trump’s H-1B Visa Bill: What it is, minimum wage and lottery system

Trump’s H-1B Visa Bill a major setback for India’s IT companies

Know how H1B visa restrictions will impact Indian IT industry

Trump’s Immigration Ban – Muslim ban protests in pictures

Muslim ban in United States: Google’s Sunder Pichai condemns Trump move

Trump executive order banning Muslim refugees in US ignites a Twitter war

On Friday, US federal Judge James Robart issued a temporary restraining order on the ban until a full review of a complaint made by Washington state’s attorney Bob Ferguson has been conducted. The US Customs and Border Protection said they would reinstate visas to comply with the order. The White House has released a statement saying the Department of Justice intended to file an emergency stay on the order to “defend the executive order of the President, which we believe is lawful and appropriate.”

On January 27, Trump issued an executive order that banned citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entering the US. The order was met with widespread protests and confusion, with multiple lawsuits already filed and many more expected in the coming days. During the hearing, Judge Robart questioned the administration’s use of 9/11 to justify the order, saying no attacks had been carried out on US soil by individuals from any of the seven countries listed. Trump’s Twitter response came after the CBP issued an advisory to airlines allowing passengers to board from the seven countries targeted in the executive order.

About Admin1

Check Also

Yellowstone supervolcano eruption may happen sooner, destroy the entire planet earth

ViewsHeadlines Desk, Yellowstone volcano is said to be among the most potent volcanoes in the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 × 2 =