New Delhi: Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan met the Chief Minister, Jammu and Kashmir, Ms. Mehbooba Mufti in Srinagar. Shri Pradhan and Ms Mehbooba Mufti discussed various issues related to the petroleum sector in J&K.
During the deliberations, following decisions were taken –
1. Efforts are being made by OMCs for land identification for Oil Depots and LPG Bottling Plants at Anantnag, Rajouri and Kargil. SLC was advised to coordinate with Government of J&K to expedite the proposals.
2. For commissioning of New LPG distributorships and petrol pumps in Jammu and Kashmir, list of locations identified by Government of J&K would be collected by SLC for feasibility study on priority. This will also include distributorships in Durgam Kshetras which would be allotted to State Food and Civil Supplies Department.
3. For shifting of Oil Depots in Jammu, Government of J&K will facilitate suitable land to OMCs on priority for resitement.
4. All PSU Oil Companies under Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas were advised to carry out recruitment from reputed engineering colleges of Jammu and Kashmir.
5. All PSU Oil Companies have been instructed to invest Rs 1 Cr from their CSR Funds for infrastructure development in Tulip garden, Srinagar.