Many kids, especially teenagers take bath, while still playing with their expensive smartphones, tablets and other expensive devices. They fiddle with their gadgets while inside the bathtub, never expecting any harm to them or anyone else.
But it can certainly be fatal. And a family in Lubbock, New Mexico is ruing for the massive loss that it suffered merely due to the reason that their daughter lost her life while fiddling with phone, while still in her bathtub.
Reports suggest that Madison Coe, A young girl, all of 14 years lost her life after she was electrocuted while trying to use her Phone. The incident reportedly happened on Sunday.
Reports suggest that Madison Coe, of Lubbock, was at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, over the weekend tried to use her expensive iPhone, while the device was still being charged. Her family members are still unsure if the child tried to plug in the device while taking bath or tried to use the device when it was still plugged in.
Madison Coe’s mother while talking to PEOPLE said, “[Her father] found her. He had knocked on the door to tell her it was time to get out [of the tub] and she said, ‘Okay’…He went back 20 minutes later, she didn’t respond and he went in.”
Authorities say Madison Coe died early Sunday at her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico https://t.co/uWVQMzcP8k
— Thus Spake (@thus_spake) July 11, 2017
— Tara Dodrill (@Tara_Dodrill) July 11, 2017
Madison Coe: Lubbock, Texas Teen Dies From Touching Cellphone In Bathtub https://t.co/wReBq2Vg8M via Tara Dodrill
— All Trends IT (@All_Trends_IT) July 11, 2017
Coe’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn said, “There was a burn mark on her hand…The hand that would have grabbed the phone. That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.” The eighth-grader had just graduated from Terra Vista middle School and had plans to attend high school in Houston. The teenager was reportedly an avid player of basketball and number one char with her tuba in the bad at school. Her family was in the process of moving.
The whole family was in shock unable to come to terms as to what had happened. O’Guinn went on to add, “This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else…We want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”