Wednesday , February 21 2018
Home / News / 28 Coptic Christians killed on way to Saint Samuel Monastery, photos, video

28 Coptic Christians killed on way to Saint Samuel Monastery, photos, video

ViewsHeadlines Desk,

Another heartless massacre of Coptic Christians in Egypt has shocked the world. 28 Coptic Christians going to Saint Samuel Monastery in Egypt were massacred by masked gunmen. The news comes on the same day when a US airstrike reportedly killed as many as 100 civilians including 40 children in Syria.

Reports suggest that masked men, allegedly belonging to ISIS (Islamic State) open fire with automatic arms on buses travelling to Minya monastery. While 26 people have been confirmed dead, many other people have been injured in the attack. Reports suggest that many of the injured are in serious condition.

It is the second major attack against Coptic Christians in as many months. Merely last month, ISIS attackers had killed around 45 people in two bomb attacks on Coptic churches in the country. Under present dictator Sissi, the security condition has worsened beyond imagination in entire Egypt, the most populous nation in the Arab world.




Reports suggest that masked gunmen on Friday attacked two buses and a truck carrying Coptic Christians in Egypt, killing more than 20 people and wounding dozens, according to officials. The attackers arrived in three pick-up trucks and opened fire on the vehicles carrying visitors to the Saint Samuel Monastery in the Minya province, about 220km south of the capital, Cairo, before fleeing the scene.

Egypt’s interior ministry said in an official statement that unknown assailants driving three 4×4 wheelers attacked by “firing randomly” at the bus carrying Coptic citizens. The ministry added that an official count of the final death and injuries toll was underway. A cordon was imposed around the site of the attack, with security forces intensifying efforts to catch the culprits, according to the statement. The ages of the victims ranged from children to over 60, the bishop of Minya told Egyptian private-owned TV Channel DMC. Many victims were children, only three children survived the attack, a source from the church told Al-Ahram.

The TV channel quoted the bishop as saying that the vehicles attacked included a minibus and two cars. The injured have been transferred to nearby hospitals for first aid and will later be moved to Nasser hospital in Cairo, according to the health minister’s instructions, state news agency MENA reported.

Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Church said in a statements on Friday “We are in pain over violence and evil…with the whole nation over the violence and evil that targets the heart of Egypt and our national unity…While we appreciate the fast response by officials in dealing with the event, we hope that necessary procedures are undertaken to avoid such attacks, which damage Egypt’s image and cause Egyptians a great deal of pain”.

About Admin1

Check Also

Aaron Feis, Alyssa Alhadeff, Scott Beigel among Florida school shooting victims: Photos

Aaron Feis, Alyssa Alhadeff, Scott Beigel among Florida school shooting victims: Photos ViewsHeadlines Desk, Florida …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *