Peace in Cincinnati, Ohio, was punctured with the sounds of persistent firing early Sunday morning. The firing inside a packed nightclub has shocked the people in the city.
Latest reports suggest that while at least one person has been pronounced dead, another 14 people have been injured. Meanwhile the shooter seems to have disappeared into thin air. The killer with his firearm was untraceable till the filing of the report.
Reports coming out from ground zero suggest that at least a couple of people who sustained injuries are in serious condition and have been moved to different hospitals in the city.
Assistant police chief of the Cincinnati Police Department, Paul Neudigate, in a tweet said, “Only one reported shooter at this time, still investigating if others involved”. The earlier information from the local police department suggested that there were more than one shooter who opened fire inside the Cameo club.
A CBSNews report while talking about the incident quoted Neudigate as saying, “…there are no indications the incident was terrorism-related. Authorities believe a conflict began earlier in the day that led to the shooting, city manager Harry Black said in a news release. Authorities were interviewing witnesses and planned a news conference later in the morning”.
In a televised briefing Captain Kimberly Williams said, “At this point it’s unclear exactly what instigated the shooting…Just a lot of chaos when the shots went off.”
NBCNews, while quoting Neudigate said, ““We are in the middle of a very horrific situation that occurred at the nightclub with multiple victims…It’s going to be a long night for our homicide units to investigate this incident, but right now things are stable.” The report goes on to add that several of the victims in Cincinnati had life-threatening injuries, WLWT-TV reported on its website, quoting Neudigate, who said hundreds of people were in the nightclub at the time of shooting.