President Barack Obama has been under public gaze for the last eight years during his stay in the White House. His personality has been under scrutiny like no other US president given many reasons. First of all he was the first black US President to adorn the US presidential office not once but twice.
He is also the only US president who had a Muslim father and spent several years in Indonesia, a largely Muslim country in Asia and attended local school. His stepfather, Lolo Soetoro was an Indonesia Muslim, who taught President Obama to be strong in the face of adversary.
1. Obama was known in his childhood by his nickname, Barry. It is said that most of his friends called him by his nickname instead of Obama as he is usually addressed now.
2. His wife Michelle Robinson with whom he still seems to be deeply in love after so many years of marriage supervised him while he was working as a summer associate in a Chicago law firm. It should be noted that both are Harvard Law School graduates.
3. President Obama, during his stint as Illinois state senator, is credited to sponsor a bill that actually required the police to videotape interrogations in capital crime cases. It was the first state to do so in the US.
4. Fifty-five year old was born in Honolulu and is not an immigrant as many of his detractors claim. His father Barack Obama Sr. was a Muslim and so was his Indonesian stepfather Lolo Soetoro.
5-President Barack Obama is not the only US President to have been raised without father. To be true, he’s the 11th president to be raised without a father. His parents separated and later legally divorced when he was a young child. Reports suggest that our President saw his father the last time when he was merely 10 year old.
6-President Obama’s favorite song of 2015 was Kendrick Lamar’s “How Much a Dollar Cost.”
7-His middle name is Hussein. This is a very common name that many Muslims across the world give to their kids. Hussein was one of the two grandsons of the Prophet of Islam Muhammad (pbuh) from his daughter Fatima.
8-He is a doting father and many people will be surprised to know that the President read Harry Potter books with his eldest daughter. It is said that President Obama read aloud all seven volumes to daughter Malia.
9-President Obama’s favorite movies are “The Godfather” and “The Godfather: Part II.”
10. President Obama says he hasn’t liked ice cream since working at Baskin-Robbins as a teenager.